Monday, September 7, 2009

Crab Boil


Here are my four (five) boys at their first crab boil. With Scott being laid off we have really had to cut back, but we decided to splurge a little on Labor Day. Daken thinks that this should be our new Labor Day tradition. Who doesn't love huge crab legs, shrimp, fresh corn, new potatoes and TONS of BUTTER? Raeni, that is who. She didn't even want to sit at the table "becaused it smelled". And she wouldn't eat the corn or potatoes because they were touching the seafood. I don't think I would have tried it either, when I was her age. We are already looking forward to next Labor Day, and starting to save our money for that delicious seafood!

2 comments:

AP said...

Looks like fun! Artichokes and polska kielbasa are really good in it, too. We tried it once when Luke caught a bunch of crawdads up at Strawberry--not quite as classy as crab legs, but it did the trick! What a great Labor Day tradition.

Angel said...

I love the picture, but I'm with Raeni on the food. :)